Resource Mobilization Sub-Committee
- Meetings and teleconferences
This committee was tasked with the responsibility of developing a resource mobilization strategy, including traditional and new donors and innovative financing methods, to support the funding needs for the second phase of the GMAP implementation 2012-2015.
Working in synergy with other RBM mechanisms, the RSMC leads the review of resource needs and funding gaps, analyses possible financing scenarios and provides guidance to the Partnership on the most effective way to join energies to mobilize adequate, predictable and sustainable resources for malaria control, prevention and elimination in the years ahead.
The Resource Mobilization Sub-Committee's responsibilities, as defined in its Terms of References, are outlined below:
- Engage academia and/or other institutes and organizations to carry out an economic analysis on return of investments for malaria control, prevention and elimination.
- Review and update the projections for resource needs and funding gaps, including by commissioning work towards an improved malaria costing model.
- Provide an analysis of different resource mobilization scenarios and their consequences on GMAP implementation, with the objective of guiding the RBM Partnership on options for financing effective and sustainable malaria control, prevention and elimination.
- Develop a comprehensive resource mobilization strategy tailoring different sectors - public, private, endemic countries – as well as innovative financing mechanisms to expand the donor base.
- Develop effective linkages to the RBM advocacy strategy to support the implementation of the resource mobilization strategy, in collaboration with other RBM Working Groups, such as the Malaria Advocacy Working Group, and including advocacy for financial commitments from endemic countries for better national ownership.
- Coordinate partner efforts to track resources mobilized for GMAP implementation, thus creating a harmonized reporting system for resources available, immediate resource needs and funding gaps.
- Monitor and evaluate resource mobilization efforts and performance on a yearly basis with support from RBM Partners.
RBM Conflict of Interest Policy and Procedure
[in English - December 2009]
Memorandum of Understanding between The Global Fund and Roll Back Malaria
RBM Change Initiative: Collection of documents
What is the RBM Partnership? [PPT]
External Evaluation of Roll Back Malaria 1998-2002
Achieving Impact: Roll Back Malaria in the Next Phase